Minister to Children
First Baptist Church, Wilmington, N.C., is seeking an individual to provide leadership for ministry to/with children. Applicants should have experience leading children’s ministry in a congregational setting and a joy in working relationally with children. The strongest applicants will also have some combination of the following qualifications:
- undergraduate/graduate education in ministry and/or childhood education
- experience in volunteer recruitment and development
- experience working on a church staff
- experience working with children in a variety of settings
- awareness of the particular challenges and opportunities that arise out of ministry to/with children in a changing cultural context
First Baptist Wilmington is affiliated with the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship.While we are open to people from a variety of backgrounds, any candidate should feel comfortable serving in a congregational context in which:
- A breadth of political and theological diversity is celebrated.
- Women are embraced in any and all levels of congregational leadership
- Mission and ministry are intentionally holistic, focused on both the material and spiritual needs of persons.
Please send all inquiries, résumés and recommendations to email@example.com with the subject line “Children’s Ministry Position.”